Rajasthan Agricultural University
Formerly a part of Mohanlal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, Swami Keshwanand Rajasthan Agricultural University is located in Bikaner and became a separate entity in 1987. The university provides degree courses in Agriculture and Allied Sciences. The courses are provided in the following 3 disciplines:
- Home Science
- Agri-Business Management
The University has made major contributions towards the development of agriculture and animal husbandry, Home Science and Agricultural Engineering and in the general upliftment of the economic state of farmers of Rajasthan. University has facilities such as research labs and library to aid education.
- The College of Agriculture, Bikaner
- The College of Home Science, Bikaner
- Institute of Agri-business Management, Bikaner
- Academic Staff College cum Distance Education Centre, Bikaner
- S.K.N. College of Agriculture, Jobner
- College of Agriculture, Lalsot (Dausa)
To meet the pre-determined objectives, the university system has been classified into three functional areas such as research, teaching & extension. To fulfill all the educational needs the university has following constituent colleges under its jurisdiction:
- College of Veterinary and Animal Science
- College of Agriculture
- College of Home Science
- Institute of Agri-business Management (IABM)
- Academic Staff College cum Distance Education Centre (ASC-DEC)
- S.K.N. College of Agriculture
- College of Agriculture
Admission to the university requires students to appear for entrance exams that are either conducted by the state or the university itself. All the candidates are also called for interview by a committee which consists of faculty and other senior members of the university. Admission is made as per the merit list prepared on the basis of total points given.
The list of courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate level in Rajasthan Agricultural University is provided in the tables below:
- Bachelor Course: B.V. Sc and A.H
- PhD & Master Courses: Anatomy & Histology, Microbiology, Parasitology, Pathology, Surgery & Radiology, Gynecology & Obstetrics, Public Health, Preventive Medicine, Physiology, Biochemistry, Animal Breeding & Genetics, Livestock Production & Management, Animal Nutrition and Medicine.
- Bachelor Course: B.Sc. (Ag.) Hons.
- M.Sc Courses: Agronomy, Soil Science, Plant Breeding & Genetics, Entomology, Plant Pathology, Horticulture, Agriculture Economics, Extension Education and Plant Physiology.
- PhD Courses: Agronomy, Soil Science, Horticulture, Agriculture Economics, Extension Education, Plant Physiology, Plant Breeding & Genetics, Entomology, Plant Pathology and Biotechnology.
- Bachelor Course: B.Sc. (Home Sc.)
- Master courses: Food & Nutrition, Human Development & Family Studies and Home Science Extension and Communication Management
E-mail: [email protected]